Saturday, August 22, 2009

Going with the 80 foot tower!


I’ve decided to go with the 80 foot tower .


-The payback period is shorter

- I wouldn’t have to wait for NYSERDA to re-approve me

- I'm getting a tower that has been out and working for over a year

- I’ve spent a lot of money all ready – it is time to make some green power!


My installer says he is ordering the anchors, rebar and pad. We should be ready to dig in 3 weeks. Now I’ve got to clean my garage so I have room on the wall for the inverter equipment. I think my installer said he needed a 6ft by 6ft space. I’ll have to ask again for the spec for that that wall.


2 comments:

  1. I believe that sticking with the 80ft tower was the wiser choice. You're still a "tester", but at least not alone.

    I'll be interested to see how this holds up in 7 m/s average wind regime. I'm very familar with the Chinese manufacturer of the equipment and how this was designed (totally seat of the pants, no real engineering).

    lane_pilot (on small-wind-home yahoo group)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, Ellen, I know I just posted a blog about getting a technology makeover, but this is WAY over my head (including the feathers)! Despite the fact that I am obviously wind challenged, I am VERY impressed with this project and your ingenuity.

    ReplyDelete