Saturday, August 1, 2009

Back in NYSERDA's queue for a taller wind turbine tower

My quest for my Redriven 10KW wind turbine continues, but now hopes are a little higher (pun intended). This week I received my modified building permit and environmental survey to go up to 120’ and I finally I got the price for the 100’ tower. I can’t afford the 120 ft tower. We’re going for the 100-foot! Now, we have to re-submit to NYSERDA. They give an extra $30 incentive for every foot you go above 80 ft. We’ll get $600 dollars off the price of the larger tower. Hopefully, NYSERDA will not take forever to approve my new taller tower.

I just got an anonymous comment that 120’ would be insane on a 10KW – Anonymous is 100’ insane too? I do realize that I’m crazy to do this . . . I’m still in the stock market too and some how I still sleep most nights.

I’ll do my new pay back calculation later and show everyone how insane I really am.

No comments:

Post a Comment