Sunday, May 30, 2010

See my youtube video the Making of a wind turbine

I just posted my youtube video
 Check out how one of these  is put together.

The making of a Redriven Wind Turbine


I asked Rural Bolt and Wind for an update on the shipment of the blades. They said they were waiting for an email from Redriven. It seems my installer will not be passing on info by word of mouth about what Redriven tells them. I believe that means we won’t be getting any up dates. It seems that Redriven doesn’t put anything in writing.

2 comments:

  1. We are experiencing the same in Ohio. Contract signed April 2009. Projected that the unit would be up by summer, 2009. So far the base has been installed, with the tower and turbine sitting here. No blades. We are told they are shipping from Italy next week. It has been a very frustrating experience to say the least. Incidently, we live in the Perkins School distrit where the blades came off the 20K at the school. Thankfully it was a Sunday. That incident started ReDriven's redesign of their turbines. Which is why we are all waiting for our turbine parts. Of course, I do want a well designed turbine, and hoping in the long run, this will all be worth it.

    Good luck to you. Keep blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blades from Italy? That is the first I've heard about parts from Europe. What ever happened at the Perkins school? Did they get new blades? Do they have any data on how much power they are making? I've created a facebook group for Redriven owners too. That is a place were we can all share info if you are interested. So far, I'm a group with just one memeber.

    ReplyDelete