Saturday, June 19, 2010

The blades have arrived

My blades were delivered this week!  The truck couldn't make it up our driveway so my husband had to deliver them to the turbine site in his Tacoma pickup.


The holes on the blades

Don't match the holes on the turbine
I called Redriven  and they said the holes in the blades could be re-drilled to fit. Chris said that 4 holes fit, but I don't see that more than two would fit. He said we could get replacements later with the proper drillings.

Redriven was to call my installer to set up installation, but Rodney hadn't heard that from Redriven yet.

7 comments:

  1. Were the blades shipped from Rural Generation or from ReDriven?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you know if Rural Generation has any completely finished and properly operating wind turbines in New York State?

    Are there any satisfied customers anywhere?

    Have you checked the bolt quality/size, etc. for your blades?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blades were shipped from ReDriven.

    Rural Generation as finished a complete project, however National Grid (my power company too) has not connected it to the Grid yet. They won't do it until the Aurora ( the inverter Company ) writes a manual on the disconnect procedure. I hope to be satisfied customer shortly and will post my wind results. I didn't get bolts with the delivery - what should I be looking for as far as quality and size? I also got a narcelle cover delivered this week. (see my next post)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Drilling holes in those blades does not sound like a great idea. Didn't these guys have problems with blades in the past? I would drill the steel before drilling the fiberglass.I would think that multible holes, drilled close together, would ruin the structural integrity of the fiberglass

    ReplyDelete
  5. Redriven has promised to give me new blades later when they have more with the right drillings. This is a new blade design and manufacturer than the earlier blades that had trouble. My installer has seen both and said these are much stiffer and better blades. The part they drilled through was nylon covered in fiberglass.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice project!

    What brand are the blades, and what is the radii?

    (They look like 12' WindMax?)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Redriven said these new blades were designed just for them - your right 12 foot radius.

    ReplyDelete