Sunday, November 7, 2010

We're off line again

The wind turbine worked for about two days.  As luck would have it no wind days.  On the third day a little wind and we got a Nacelle fault.  Resetting it got it working again for a whole day.   The next day we got a DV error (Dog Vane- I think?) and then another Nacelle fault.  We have been unable to get it started back up.  The anemometer shows no wind even when there is wind.  So now we have everything turn off and are waiting for the next fix.

2 comments:

  1. Is this the "new" system and controller?

    Just curious as I have been promised the "new" system and controller. (We'll see if that ever happens)

    My 20 KW ReDriven system seems to have have consumed more power than it has produced (which is not much at all)over the past year and a half (when it actually was running for short periods of time)

    This has been incredibly frustrating to say the least.

    Let me know...

    email: jtp1@frontiernet.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe I do have the new system. I'll try to post more about this with pictures of the new screens this weekend. I've been very busy at work and the system was down. Not much to show when that is happening. I hope to have some time for the Thanksgiving holiday. It does seem to use much less power when it is just waiting for wind with the new system.

    ReplyDelete